Monday, November 2, 2009

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

I picked up the latest entry in the Mysterious Benedict Society series at the Parent's Association Book Sale last week, and again it did not disappoint. For those of you that read the others and loved them, this one will also be an enjoyable read. All of your favorite characters and villains are there. The only thing that I find a little strange is the ending of this one. I don't want to give anything away, but while the other books have left you wondering what will happen next, this latest book feels like it ends a little too neatly. Lets hope that the author plans to write more. The characters in these books are so interesting (Constance Contraire will always be my personal favorite), and if you love to solve puzzles this is the book series for you! There is a little summary below. Write you comments! I want to hear your thoughts.



Join the Mysterious Benedict Society as Reynie, Kate, Sticky and Constance embark on a daring new adventure that threatens to force them apart from their family, friends and even each other. When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, the foursome must unravel clues relating to a nefarious new plot, while their search for answers brings them closer to danger then ever before.

5 comments:

  1. I started reading the book when it first came out and I absolutely loved it! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action, mysteries, or just likes to sit down for a while and read a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds awesome! I might even read it after I finish the one that I am in the middle of!
    -Alistair Matsuda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to read as soon as i can my hands on it. It seems like a great book from what I heard. Does anyone know if it's longer or shorter than other books?

    - Karthik Reddy Grade 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. karthik,

    It is approxiamently the same length as the other books. Unfortunately, it has all ready been checked out of the library for the next two weeks. I will let you know when it is returned so that you can check it out.

    Mrs. MacVicar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finished reading the book. It was great! Good choice for anyone that like mystery and action books.

    -Karthik Reddy Grade 7

    ReplyDelete