Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harry Potter Mania


Unless you have been living under a rock, it has been impossible to miss the hype surrounding the premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in theaters this weekend. I will confess, I am HUGE Harry Potter fan. I love the books, I love the movies, and I am super excited about the new movie. Rather then do a "traditional" book review this week, I thought I would do something a little different. After completing the book series, I felt a little let down...what am I going to read now? Now that the movies are coming to an end, I am starting to feel that same let down. So I have been on a quest to find more book series to love. Here is my list of books for "If you love Harry Potter then you must read...."

His Dark Materials Trilogy (The Golden Compass; The Subtle Knife; The Amber Spyglass) by Philip Pullman


The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
and The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien

Artemis Fowl Series
by Eoin Colfer

Series of Unfortunate Events
by Lemony Snicket

Chronicles of Narnia
by C.S. Lewis (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will soon be released as a movie)

Charlie Bone Series
by Jenny Nemmo

The Mysterious Benedict Society Series
by Trenton Lee Stewart

Theodosia Series by R.L. LaFevers

Redwall Series by Brian Jacques

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan

39 Clues Series by multiple authors

Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer (see my earlier posts on this one...sorry, still don't like it, but I know many of you do)

Song of the Lioness Series by Tamora Pierce

If you have other book series to add to this list please click on "Comment" below and send me your thoughts. Also, enter your vote on the "Harry Potter" poll on the right hand sidebar on the blog. Happy reading, and I will see you at the movies this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment