Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twilight Saga




So right up front, I should probably say that I am not a big fan of the Twilight Saga books. Up until this winter break I had only read Twilight and New Moon. After those two, I just stopped reading them, because...well frankly, I didn't like them. Perhaps this will cause some shock among those of you that are big fans, but I just can't seem to bring myself to love the books. As a result I have not seen the movies, I can't see how they would change my opinion. Now, onto the point of all this. I have several friends that have read all the books, seen the movies, and follow all the fan sites. They find my lack of enthusiasm to be disappointing, and they launched a campaign to get me to read more of the books. After months of their relentless pestering, I finally caved and read Eclipse. Sorry folks, still not a fan. It is difficult for me to pin point why I don't care for them. It may have something to do with my not being a huge fan of the whole "vampire genre" in general. However, I can see why others love these books. They are entertaining, if not particularly well written. The characters are appealing, in a romantic tragedy sort of way. They hold a certain amount of suspense, but I find the endings of all 3 books that I have read so far to be sadly predictable. Below you will find a summary of Eclipse, so I would encourage you to check the book out and decide for yourself. A bit of advice, read Twilight and New Moon first, or the story will not make a lot of sense.

Give me your opinion by clicking on "comment" below, write your opinion, then select either "name/url" or "anonymous" in the "comment as" drop down menu. Let me, and others know what you think. Keep Reading!

From the book description:

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

3 comments:

  1. I personally never read the books but I enjoyed the movies and find the idea of vampires and girls falling in love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally loved the movies but had no interest in reading the books. Not that I don't like reading but in these kind of series I can tell I won't be interested in reading the books but will find an interest in the movies following the books. Also I have noticed that the books have become popular only after the movies were created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started Reading the Twilight series but stopped three quarters of the way through the first book. My friends told me that the book was not very well written so I haven't taken up reading them again. I saw the movies though, and the effects were great.

    ReplyDelete